LP Tanks

DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure but a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according to NFPA 58. Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any reason to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

Reply to
Boden

Considering the tank pressures possible will answer your question.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

The 12 year interval is the reason. Every 12 years you will have to purchase a new tank. The old tank may be difficult to get rid of. You may be required to cut it in half to scrap it.

Reply to
Pat

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. They said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the propane tank moved.

Voila! Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. I know you want to be safe, but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Of course, if you ever have a claim they will deny payment ;)

nick hull

They will 'lose' the latest photos and deny your claim on the basis of their earlier records. To be safe, demand a new on site inspection. Clerical help in most big companies today is rather abysmal, so keep your documentation up to date and bullet proof. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Why? The porch was cleaned out underneath, and the tank relocated to an easier place to refill that's 75' from the cabin.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Overkill? They are safety psychotics now a days especially insurance companies. Ever look at the stickers and signs in a step ladder? You'll probably have to pass a written and practical test and get a license to run a step ladder soon. This moronic country has gone off the deep end.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

According to your post, you used digital manipulation to lie to your insurance provider. The implicating being, that you didn't make the changes you said you did.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Claude, I don't think there will ever be a day when an old-fashioned wooden ladder, when used properly, will come under suspicion. I think nowadays most people have a problem with the new "high capacity" ladders, which have their origin as siege weapons designed to kill large numbers of people, and the modern "semi-automatic" ladders that cause so much pain and misery in our civilization.

I know you are probably one of those crazy people who cling to their ladders and bibles, but let's be realistic here, the average person has no need for a ladder, especially the types I listed above. Most reasonable and logical people will naturally understand that we need to reduce the number of ladders in our society, at the very least to help us protect our children.

We live in a modern society, far removed from a time when a man needed a ladder, and you should just call a licensed contractor, who is a trained professional, to deal with any situation which requires the use of a ladder.

How many more children need to die mercilessly at the hands of civilian "handymen" with their ladders of destruction?

BAN LADDERS NOW - DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

if you have a claim, even if the fire wasnt caused by the too close tank or firewood under porch they can disown your claim completely.

might even put you in jail for insurance fraud

Reply to
hallerb

Jon Danniken wrote in :

Thanks for your support.

Reply to
SteveBell

Spoken like a true liberal.

Reply to
Boden

They will 'lose' the latest photos and deny your claim on the basis of their earlier records. To be safe, demand a new on site inspection. Clerical help in most big companies today is rather abysmal, so keep your documentation up to date and bullet proof. HTH

Joe

Try to follow me. If there were a fire, visual inspection would reveal the tank is a safe distance from the cabin, and there was no combustible storage under the porch. As of right now, things are safe, and the cabin is secure. I'm going to "demand" a safety inspector come out and go through everything, knowing that a good inspector can always discover something?

Yeah, right.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB