lowes. v. HD

That happened to me. I needed a stud finder and couldn't find the one I knew I had, so I bought a second one and used it. When I was done, I carefully considered where I should store the new stud finder so that I could find it next time. When I opened the drawer to store it, there was the other one.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

So I should buy the $6 pair even thouugh the $3 pair is the same thing.

I once lost my nice hat, looked all over, called a friend where I'd worn it last. Months later found it on the hat shelf in the hall closet

(It's missing again but it's not there.)

Reply to
micky

Take solace in the fact you are not alone - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Funny you remember where things go when you are putting them away but not when you are looking for them ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Paying twice as much just makes it hurt twice as much when you find the old ones. In my experience it SEEMS the more I end up paying for the replacements the faster the old ones turn up - and the harder the new ones are to return the more likely I find the old ones quickly - -

- - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

So I went yesterday to HD to get the crabgass, etc. and it wasn't there, even though similar products were in the same place as always, and even though the webpage said they had several.

So I looked again last night and it said there were 100 of them, a hundred, and today I ordered it online, for pickup.

The email said to pick at the customer service desk. I really didn't want to deal with anyone and the second email said it was in one of their lockers. And it was, just what I wanted. But I'd gone also to the aisle where they are kept and there was none there. Now I look online and it says there are 101 in stock!! It gives the same location, Aisle BW, Bay 005. BW means back wall, but I read that it also includes any wall, and indded, that's where they keep this stuff, where I was looking. I looked for bay numbers and didn't find any, but I looked on the whole garden section of the wall.

I'll check again every time I'm there.

I recommend buying online for pickup.

Oh, there was no bag given, no receipt included, so if you decide to walk into the store after opening your locker, either take it back to the car first or bring your email saying you had bought it. At this one, you could enter buy the lockers but had to exit at the garden shop or the other end. They're counting how many are inside. Even when there aren't many and no one is waiting.

Reply to
micky

I guess I need to be asking myself a different question in those cases. It's not "where did I put that?", but rather "where would I put it if I went out and bought another one."

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I also needed a stud finder to put that grab bar next to the bathtub. I have 3, including one that doesnt' work very well but supposedly finds wires. Can't find any of them.

Had to buy a 4th, though this one is good for double depth and through tile. When I find the old ones, I'll check, but they probably wouldnt' have worked.

I found there are two tool "libraries" in Baltimore, that lend tools, hand and power, much more cheaply than HDepot. So when I die, if they're still around, I'm sure they'll want all my stuff.

Reply to
micky