Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth. Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's put on ? Thanks

Joey

Reply to
Joey

Joey wrote in news:11m2k20qc7d5p52 @corp.supernews.com:

They work it A LOT as it's curing!

Then the floor wax finishes it off.

Auto parts stores and grocery store back rooms are done the same way.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Gosh, I was gonna say clear epoxy.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

You can get a very good finish with the two-part epoxy or polyurethane floor paints. The cost is $80-$120 per gallon and on new concrete a gallon will cover 200-300 SF. But before you put any finish down make sure your slab is dry (4-6 weeks) and follow the directions for acid etching.

Reply to
Tim Killian

Thanks for the suggestion, but is the epoxy what they put on the floors in these stores ? Someone that works in one of these stores told me they put something on it but he didn't know what ????

Joey

Tim Killian wrote:

Reply to
Joey

Normally those floors are finished with moisture cured urethane epoxies. Fill your wallet full before shopping........ You would be best to get a garage floor epoxy kit.

Tom

Reply to
Trekking Tom

Use a sealer, then use a wax so often to keep shiny and keep stains from penetrating.

MC

Reply to
MC