Looking for Reusable plastic Tie Wrap

Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I would REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

/\ / \ || / \ / \ || / \ / \ || / \ / \ | | | || | | | --

Reply to
MP

This is the second or third time you have posted. If I am understanding your request, this type comes with some garbage bags. Do you a supplier? Or a quantity of them?

If you posted what you want to do with them, some one, myself included might be able to help you.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Sorry about the posting. My OE keeps giving me a header error when I try to post, I didn't realize they were making it through.

I would like to use them to clean up wiring and don't want to use a permanent tie wrap only to cut it if I need to add another wire. Someone told me they were available at Home Hardware but I've never seen them there and I've asked as well.

Cheers

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Reply to
MP

It is possible to reuse if you insert a straight pin to release the catch that engages the serration.

Reply to
barbarow

I did a Google leaving out the word plastic. 609 hits. Here's the link.

Partsexpress had what you wanted.

The other poster is correct. You can reuse any of them if you unlock them. I never bother. If I add a wire I just add another tie to the existing bundle. Someone someday will call me names when they have to take it all apart. My luck it will be me.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Uh, wrong tool for the job. The soft plastic 'christmas tree' style ones stretch over time, and fail under stress. Not really designed for long-term use, as fits with primary application on garbage bags. We bought them at work to use in supply room, coiling up and sorting out spare cables for reuse. They DO sell reusable wire ties, where the locking block slides back and releases the shaft, and multiple other styles. At work, in the constantly-reconfigured LAN wiring closets, we use velcro wire wraps. There is a whole other world of fastener products out there other than what you see in the civilian stores. Your local industrial supply has or can get them, or doubtless they are available online from several sources.

GoogleGoogleGoogle.....

'reusable cable ties' comes up with 27000 hits......

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

We use Velcro. Comes in rolls. Cut it to any length. No limit to its use.

Search Velcro ties

Reply to
L M