Looking for Pool Pump Cover - Noise Supression

My Pool pump, a 1 1/2 Hayward, is not unusually noise but I would prefer it quieter.

Common sense and experimenting with a wet towel shows me that I can achieve significant noise reduction by simply covering the motor end.

Does anyone make a "Box" for this purpose? I have searched the 'net and found nothing!!

A shed over all the pool equipment is too much - I only want to cover the pump.

I see this kind of cover butting up against the pump bell at about the same size. That would leave several inches of space all around the motor. Properly baffled air vents would prevent the motor from overheating.

Having owned several boats, I know how well outboard motor covers reduce engine noise while still allowing fresh air in.

Much as I would like to believe that I was the first person to think of this, I would prefer that I was NOT - so I can buy one!!

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
bill..

My pool pump came with a metal slotted cover with a stand off made of metal. It was more for a rain shield. With today's water resistant motors I guess the manufactures do not make these shields any more.

I did a google "pump cover"

might consider a HVAC compressor blanket. Need to be careful about the air flow with one of those....

Reply to
SQLit

You might consider a HVAC compressor blanket. Need to be careful about the

Reply to
R Mahone