Linoleum Floor Replacement new house

We built a house 12 months ago and we are completing our 12 month final punchlist for the builder. One of the issues I am having is with the kitchen linoleum floor. It is an Armstrong floor, but just the basic builder grade. The floor is dented in a few places, has a few cuts and is generally, I think, wearing way to early. The cuts are not from anything in particular like moving items across or dropping things, just small 1/4" or so slits. Maybe 3 or 4 in a 150+sqft kitchen. I know this again is just basic grade, but do you think this is a builder warrantable item? In a casual conversation with the "warrantly clerk" she doesn't think the builder will do anything for us. I know we should have upgraded, but I would think we would get more than a year of basic wear & tear out of the linoleum. I would even pay for the difference to do an upgrade floor. The wife think we got what we paid for and to leave it alone.

What do you think?

Reply to
homerownerer

Have you spoken with the manufacturer? They should be able to give you information on installation requirements. They might hazard a guess on reasonable life of the product. You would at least have information when dealing with the builder. TB

Reply to
tbasc