Lightning Arrestor and Whole House Surge Protector Question

My service panel is inside my house. I have a lightning arrestor and a whole house surge protector. Each unit isn't very big, about half the size of my fist. I know they install using the knock outs, and I know each unit must contact the neutral and both buses. The electrician I spoke to said to just attach the hot leads from these units to the breaker contacts of a double pole breaker (in this case a 60 AMP AC breaker).

To my thinking, if the breaker throws, then so does my protection. Is there a better place to attach the hot leads from these units? Is it unusual to have a lightning arrestor inside the house?

Thanks for you advice.

Reply to
Mark Wilson

Either to their own double pole breaker, or possibly to one you'd know if it was tripped.

Reply to
Gary Tait