Light bulb for shed

The amount of UV is minimal and is indirect. I'd expect at least a few years. But, even if I'm wrong, do you have a better alternative?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Probably as long as the sea of plastic bottles floating around in the middle of the North Atlantic.

Reply to
willshak

The original application was for what laughingly passes for roofs in African hovels. I doubt the failure of the milk jug plastic would be an issue for them. I don't have anyplace where I would purposely cut a hole in a sound roof in order to shove a milk jug filled with water into it. If you do, go for it. Usually when I want light in my sheds I just open the doors.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Uh Oh. I'm going to have to back pedal.... I thought this referred to the gallon water jugs/milk jugs. I see now I miss read it and it's about those single serve water bottles. I still wouldn't cut holes in my good roofs to put those in it but I don't think those have a UV problem. The kind of plastic I was picturing was the milky kind, not the clear stuff.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

See my mea culpa in this thread.

Reply to