Licensed Plumber rates

I think it's pretty safe to assume he was talking about the overhead percentage, not the actual amount.

RicodJour
  1. G Henslee Sep 4, 1:31 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair From: G Henslee - Find messages by this author Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:31:55 -0700 Local: Sun, Sep 4 2005 1:31 pm Subject: Re: Hourly rate plumbing Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

HeatMan wrote:

How do you figure that could be? You must have a different idea of 'overhead' than I do.

As a percentage of sales, the one man shop has a higher overhead than a large company. As a dollar figure the one man shop overhead is lower. That assumes the boss is making about the same amount of money in both outfits.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

Reply to
DiDo

Overhead is what you make it. If I have to make 100K per year, that's a starting point. I also figure everything that directly has to with the business, including, but not limited to assorted insurance, parts, tools, equipment, etc.

Oh, and I don't make anywhere near 100K.

Reply to
HeatMan