Licensed Plumber rates

You sure about that? I don't know if they have plumbing in rural Uzbekistan. Maybe there are only a couple of plumbers and they're in cahoots. You know, RUPU - Rural Uzbekistan Plumbers Union.

When people ask me these sort of questions I usually just say, "Seven...units of your choosing." Confuses the hell out of them.

RicodJour

Unless you find someone willing to do your project for that price, any price you get here or anywhere else is imaginary. It is not a real number. That being said. Ballpark, $90/hour, give or take.

RicodJour

Would appreciate idea of current hourly rate for Licensed plumber

TIA

Gette

Reply to
spam

Oops sorry 'bout that ... the hourly rate for the Licensed Plumber that I need to know about is for the Queens Long Island area of NY.

Thanks again, Gette

Reply to
<bones

Oops sorry &#39;bout that ... the hourly rate for the Licensed Plumber that I need to know about is for the Queens Long Island area of NY.

Thanks again, Gette

Reply to
<bones

Actually, they are useful. Figure somewhere around triple wages, give or take. That only puts you in the rough ballpark, but at least you&#39;re in the ballpark.

RicodJour

Click on the state:

Then click on:

Construction and Extraction Occupations

Then search for plumbers.

Reply to
Jack

You misspelled "world".

Reply to
Doug Miller

Impossible to answer without knowing where you are. This is a world-wide forum, after all, and I&#39;m sure the rates are not the same in Manhattan as they are in, say, rural Uzbekistan.

Reply to
Doug Miller

$35 to $100 depending on the region. Most have a minimum service call billing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Wherever in the world you are, it is whatever the market will bear.

Reply to
sleepdog

These are _wage_ estimates. Of no use as far as what one would pay a contractor.

Reply to
3rd eye

Actually they are wage "averages".

These figures are what the man who does the work gets. How much extra you want to pay to the guy who maintains a cell phone and beeper is up to you. But knowing his cost allows you some room for negotiation.

It&#39;s sort of like knowing that the used car you want to buy for $12,000 cost the dealer $4,000. He would try and give you the idea he had $11,000 in it. But knowing his real cost may help you get a better deal.

Reply to
Jack

How do you figure that could be? You must have a different idea of &#39;overhead&#39; than I do.

Reply to
G Henslee

I asked you first.

Reply to
G Henslee

but if you must know:

Overhead includes two major categories of cost, operations overhead and general and administrative overhead. Operations overhead includes costs that are not 100 percent attributable to the activity being competed but are generally associated with the recurring management or support of the activity. General and administrative overhead includes salaries, equipment, space, and other tasks related to headquarters management, accounting, personnel, legal support, data processing management, and similar common services performed external to the activity, but in support of the activity being competed.

Now, based upon even part of that how in the hell could you realistically figure a one man shop could have higher overhead than a 50 man shop???

Reply to
G Henslee

And if you&#39;re not careful, the bear will eat you.

EVERY tradesman has different pricing and that depends on their individual overhead. A one man shop may actually have a higher overhead cost than a 50 person operation.

Reply to
HeatMan

Okay, what&#39;s your idea of overhead?

Reply to