LED Bulb cost

I haven't bought any LED bulbs but I do have a bunch of LED flashlights, an= d I'd say another factor is making sure that the light output of the bulbs = has to be somewhat evened out- if you shine a flashlight on the floor you g= et a weird (not evenly round) pattern. That's okay for a flashlight, not so= okay if you're reading and one part of the page is brighter than the rest = of it.

Reply to
missingchild

I like fluorescent lights for reading.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, LED lighting prices are dropping fast, but not for every product. The Philips screw-in bulb that I bought a little over a year ago at HD for $44 is now $25 and the retrofit downlight kits (Cree and many others) have dropped from $100 to $35. It's the market at work and nice to see, but you still have to watch out for the junk stuff. And do compare the lumen and color values so you get what you want.

Tomsic

Reply to
=

One question that I have is this: Do the LED lightbulbs still have that blueish tint that the flashlights have?

I know that pure white LEDs exist, but I hear they are very costly compared to the blueish ones. I have not bought any LED house bulbs yet.

By the way, I noticed that the police lights on newer squad cars are now LED. In fact I think they are brighter than the old ones. Our local PD just bought some new squads with them. I noticed it the other night when a cop pulled someone over. After he was done, he was on his way to the donut shop. That's when I asked him how he likes those lights. He said "they're better than the old ones". He said they are quite a bit more costly, but they should never need bulbs replaced.

Reply to
ryanbillford

They dont tend to cost more, but the rated lumens is less. Color temp 2700-3000 is a warm white. Brighter LEDs have tended to be bluish, especially smaller sizes. To push lumens they compromise, especially flashlights.

Greg

I notice the front turn signal lights on newer Chevys not brought enough.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Lowes now have a 60w replacement for $9.98. The lowest price for a 60w. I put up 4 in the basement.

Reply to
Congoleum Breckenridge