Lawn mower repair

I have a 22 inch recycler toro with briggs and Stratton engine. It was leaking oil. When i drained it it has aluminum shavings in it. But couldnt get around to fixing that so i fixed the leak put it back together and when i pull the cord theres some resistance at the start and it makes a clanking noise and won't start. What could that be.

Reply to
Andrew

Time for a new mower, that's what.

Reply to
trader_4

It might be worth your time to look here:

Dean Hoffman

hours) Honda 6hp OHC motor for my tiller for less than a hundred bucks delivered . Mine came from a pressure washer with a defective pump .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Makes more sense for a tiller. With a mower, unless it's a new, higher end model, might was well look for a new or used mower on Ebay. I had a Honda Harmony, was the best mower I ever had, beautiful cut, low noise, excellent mulching with a double blade design. But after about 7 years the 3 speed tranny went and not only was it $140 for a new tranny, but what a bitch to take it out, all kinds of little pieces, widgets, a real nightmare. I found a new Craftsman on Ebay, local, for $160. IT's still running ten years later. It's noisier, doesn't cut as nice, doesn't mulch quite as good. One time it stopped moving too. Took me

15 mins to take one small cover off, see that the end of the tension spring for the belt had broken off and put a zip tie on it. Sears used a variable speed belt design instead of a 3 speed tranny. Sometimes you can over complicate things. And I never used but the fastest speed on the Honda anyway.
Reply to
trader_4

Maybe put a Harbor Freight Predator engine on it?

joe