laundry faucets - water coming out from drainage pipe

My laundary faucets has a valve at the back which got a small plastic pipe leading into the drainage pine in the basement. Recently, whenever I turn on the water tap of the faucet, water coming out normally (from the tap) as well as from that small pipe. Any idea why and how can I fix it?

Reply to
YesBalala

It is called a "trap primer". The hose is supposed to feed a small amount of water to the drain in order to keep the trap filled with water.

More info here:

Or GOOGLE for: "trap primer"

Jim

Reply to