Laser tape measuring tools

My wife works for a company that installs closet inserts. When going out on a job, the closets are always full of clothing and junk. Anyway, she has to measure the depth, width, height, etc. Is there a laser measuring device that will work properly in this environment or is the old fashion tape measurer the only way to go? If there is a laser device, which ones would you recommend? TIA

Reply to
ziggs

I bought one a fews ago and use it occasionally on the job. Mine came from Home Depot and I paid about $20.00.

You can only use it if there is a clear line of sight, it won't measure through clothes or boxes.

Bruce A&B Construction Houston, TX

Bruce

Be leary of the word "Laser". The one I have uses utlrasonic sound waves for the measurement. The laser is only for aiming. Even then you are not quite sure what it is reading. Even with it's limitations it is still a handy device but when in doubt use the tape measure.

Reply to
JMagerl

since they use a beam of sound waves for measuring, at larger distances, the target can get rather large, e.g. you can't measure over to the surface of a

2 X 4 across the room 12' away. A larger flat area is necessary. For closet type dimensions, a nice wide tape is probably faster and definitely more accurate.
Reply to
bill a