laser levels

has anyone tried a RoboToolz RT-7615-2 This one is selfleveling and claims ±.25" @65' leveling accuracy. I just tried the B&D 360° level from H-D ($145) and the 360° feature was pretty neat, but not totally necessary, and the optics were good, but the accuracy wasn't so hot, returned it. Any other ideas in this price range, or is this like carpenter levels where you keep testing units until you find one that checks out OK? thanks bill

Reply to
bill a

The professional units are pretty good. The self leveling ones seem to be reasonably accurate but if you want a line that is easy to read, you want the expensive professional units.

For most home type work, just use a good basic bubble level.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have a sears unit that they wife bought me last year.

Its not a bad unit, just the level doesnt seem on the mark all the time. I like the fact that I dont have to snap a chalk line, but I always confirm the accuracy with my trusty handy dandy 4 foot level.

Tom

Reply to
Sexytom976

I just checked my cheapo laser level (one of those yellow ones at Harbor Freight for $10) and it was within 0.125" at 40'. Pretty amazing for sighting a bubble. I moved and reset it several times with the same results. I thought the self leveling feature would be good, but the B&D unit for $145 didn't get near this accuracy. I have good uses for wide or even 360° lines, so now I thinking about trying out one of the units without the self leveling (less $). I think a lot of it is whether the particular unit is calibrated correctly.

bill

Reply to
bill a