Kohler Rialto toilet

I replaced the flapper, yet the toilet continues to leak from the tank to the bowl. Do you know of a technique to cause the flapper to seat without leaking?

Reply to
Padge Ahearn

If you didn't use a genuine Kohler part you can't get a good seal. Same with many other brands. The valve seat itself may be corroded out of round from an acidic water supply or adding blue goo to the reservoir (see posts in this NG on that topic). It's easy to get help from Kohler, Call their customer service at

1-800-456-4537 and get a parts sheet for your Rialto. Order the necessary pices and install them, and you're likely to be successful. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Surprise, low-profile designs can't use standard parts. You need the pricey non-standard parts from Kohler.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Sad, but true. Get the Kohler part. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

As others have stated, and I found out, Kohler parts are just about the only thing that works. Check out the Kohler parts website, which was here the last time I looked:

What about these kits?

For Rialto? (3402) toilets:

For Rialto? (3402, ba rev) toilets:
The Kohler guys on the phone were really helpful especially in telling me how to adjust water levels, etc.

Reply to
royroy

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:51:29 GMT, Padge Ahearn wrote (with possible editing):

In addition to what others have told you, you may have deposits on the seat which contacts the flapper. I had that problem - it was from deposits in the water supply. I ended up removing them with 0000 steel wool. After that, things worked fine.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Check the seal between the flapper seat and the ceramic. A leak there will also run into the bowl. Alternatively you could just tighten it but you will need to improvise a plastic tool that comes with a new seat.

Reply to
Blue