Kitchen faucet leak

We have a single lever handle model with a pull-out spray head. A slow leak recently appeared at the junction where the spray head pulls out whenever the faucet is turned on. The leak is definitely coming from the spray head and we can see no water below that point running down the flexible tube back into the goose neck portion of the faucet. If there was , we would see it under the sink.

Where the flexible tube comes out of the spray head there is a hard black plastic bushing and the water appears to be coming out from around it. I would like to get the bushing out to see if there is some way to seal the annular space where the water is getting through. Has anyone taken these things apart and can tell me how it's done without breaking something. I can see no sign of threads or a set screw. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Martin

Probably was glued together at the factory. Buy a new head and replace it in five minutes. If it is cracked, it is not easy to fix. Cheap fix, you can get them at any hardware store, Wal-Mart, etc.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski