kitchen design question

I have a question that might not come up too often here....

Can a free-standing oven be placed next to the dish-washer?

This is likely going to be a temporary solution, but --- as we are do-it-yourselfers --- temporary would likely means years...

Of course I'll check with manufactures, to see whether that voids warranty and such, but thought maybe here someone could share ideas/experiences.

Thanks loads,

Mr. Curious

Reply to
ng_reader

don't know if it is recommended or not, but you will need something to support the top...a dishwasher end panel is designed for thispurpose...it is simply a three inch filler with a side on it...it supports the top and would also separate the dishwasher and range

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Yep,

Aware of spacers and such. Problem is, there's a door on the other side of said oven, so getting that door open might end up being a problem if the oven is over too far.

It's a *hack-job* right now. I'll look into that dishwasher end-panel, maybe from Ikea where some of my kitchen cabinetry has come from.

Of course this all came about because my 24" gas wall oven just crapped out.

Ever heard of a brand called "Verona"? Oh nevermind.....

Reply to
ng_reader

understood....the dishwasher end panel comes standard at 3 inches...they can be ripped(trimmed) down to approximately one inch...the side is usualy 3/8 of an inch thick just as most (*stock factory built) cabinet sides....so the actual space taken up can be as little as 7/8 to one inch...the counter top *needs* support on the end...if not it shall sag and bow...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

OK Cool. Yeah, holding pattern right now as the Mrs. racks her brains. This is a very good group, wish I had time to read *all* the posts.

Cheerio

Reply to
ng_reader