Getting ready to replace cabinets in the kitchen and a complete master
bath bath redo. Would be interested to know of first hand
recommendations regarding brands of high quality cabinets and sources as
well as brands/suppliers to be avoided. Located near Annapolis Maryland.
1) Make a list of cabinet suppliers from the yellow pages.
2) Narrow the list to a few of the most conveniently located.
3) Stop off at a lumber yard and learn what particle board, MDF and
plywood look like.
4) Look at the cabinets at the supplier stores, noting which ones are
a) all particle board b) some particle board and MDF c) some MDF and
plywood d) mostly plywood and real lumber
5) Scratch all the a, b, and some c products off the list.
6) Get prices on d type products. Have SWMBO make your mind which ones
7) Follow accepted procedures for choosing a competent contractor.
8) Inform contractor of your preferences.
9) Repeat 6, 7, 8, as needed and sign contract approved by your
10) Disregard most advice in this NG as by now you're more
knowledgeable than the pundits.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.