kiltz on cieling

i had mold on my cieling so i cleaned it with clr and it took the mold off>

I ent to home depot and they told me to use the kiltz with the moldicide so that the mold doesn't come back. So I painted the celine and waiting another day and painting it again. The next day I painted the ceiling with a white ceiling paint and it came out great but two night lated i started hearing noise coming from the celing. When I got up in the moring I looked up and where I painted the kiltz there was a area about two geet wide and 13 feet li=ong there was water coming from the ceiling in drips. Lieke the ceiling was crying I wiped it all off and put the dehumidifier on and it took alot of moisture out of the room. who know where it came from. Any way the next moring the same thing happened. I put the dehumidifier on again and again a lot of kmoisure came out,. It is now two days later that celing feels dry but who know what will happen tomorrow. Can you help me out with this I am praying I don;t wget a big yellow stain now on my ceiling from the water. Help I am getting new furniture delivedion two days and want my room to cook nice.

Thank you

CAthleen

cathy

Reply to
chaley347

sounds like you have some sort of moisture leak from above..... this MUST be fixed BEFORE you do anything else.

have you checked the area above? I would delay the furniture and find the leak

Reply to
hallerb

"chaley347" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@homerepairlive.com:

Assume there was no rain overnight or you would have mentioned it. Was there any frost or heavy dew.

Is there a room above or just ceiling/attic?.

You said two nights vs 1 night later. What happened above on night two that didn't happen on night one. Any sinks/baths/showers that didn't run on night one? What are the proximity of toilets?

Was any part of that ceiling soft when you painted it? For it to get to the point of mold, there must have been.

More background and history is needed.

Reply to
Al Bundy

there is a roof above the bedroom. Ater I ran the dehumidifer for two days it stopped dripping water and it is now dry. The ceiling is not soft in any way it is very firm. I was wondering if there was some sort of reaction to the clearner that I used with the kilz paint. After the dehumidifer ran it is now raining on day four and nothing is happening thank god because it was really pouring today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

cathy

Reply to
chaley347

"chaley347" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@homerepairlive.com:

Is it a vaulted ceiling?

Do you have a fish tank in the room?

A shower in the area that is not vented or showers are taken without exhaust on?

Reply to
Al Bundy

no there is no fish tank or shower in that area. It is a reuglar 7 or 8 ft ceiling. What would I use to clean mold off of a wall because I just read the bottle of clr and it said not to use on painteed surfaces. I guesss I know why not to now.

cathy

Reply to
chaley347