Killed my first chipmunk

Now 49, then 48, then 47 until they are gone. That was the only one on my lawn. If they want to live in the woods, no problem.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Trap and release is about as effective as moving water from one side of the boat to the other side of the boat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dear Darling Wussy,

If you ever hear of such a case, I'd like to know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Would be interesting to see, but only from a method standpoint. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, though.

Going to go eat my animal-based breakfast now.

Reply to
Joe

A chipmunk is just a rat with a different wardrobe.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Oh, that's a shame...now you won't be able to have the head mounted so you can display it as tangible proof of your machismo and hunting prowess.

Reply to
dadiOH

Happens all the time with Florida alligators.

Reply to
dadiOH

And humans are just chimpanzees who have learned to live inside.

Reply to
dadiOH

Releasing within 5 miles buys you about 2 days. Over 10 miles (technically illegal) with a river or two between is more effective.

Reply to
clare

PETA Please Eat Tasty Animals Works for me>

Reply to
teshaf

It's a shame that many humans act like apes.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

And in a couple weeks, the folks other side of the river notice the increase in population. And then they start a trap and release program, on the other side of the river.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So how did you cook it? Was it any good? ;-)

Reply to
Tony

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h8asdu $l21$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

As the man said in Jaws, "...need a bigger boat" :-)

Reply to
Red Green

You don't need to go that far with chipmunks. A few hundred yards should be ample if you use a very large slingshot.

Reply to
HeyBub

I have a government school education. Mind you, it was back before all of this "teach yourself math" and "self-esteem" bull.

I had no qualms about dispatching an injured bird that I found struggling on my patio. Admittedly, I had to cover it up with a newspaper before smashing it with a shovel, and I cried like a baby afterward, but I was able to manage it.

Ordinarily I leave that sort of thing to my husband, but he was out of town.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Rivers are 100% effective in other ways, too. Bags + rocks = 100 success rates.

I have ceased war with the chipmunks in my location. There are just too many, and my land abuts public land where they breed like rats. I am going to make some more effective traps to lessen the numbers, but when you get rid of some others just move in. I have more problems from the big rock squirrels we have here.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I like a 5 bucket with 6inches of water- buried in the ground, cover on. 1 1/2" hole in cover- peanut butter schmeared under cover. Empty as necessary. I've gotten 5-6 overnight.

So how's that propane experiment going? You're still typing. . .

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:34mdnal4H45ekDXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Van Chocstraw is the reason for H1N1. He needs to be thrown into a swine flu trap where chipmunks can gnaw him to death.

Reply to
ktos

I don't see why not. "People Eating Tasty Animals" already know to cut off the head, gut and skin it. Soak overnight in salt water. Flour, season and fry the next day.

I wouldn't save the trail mix that was left over.

Reply to
Number1