Anyone here use a Rat Zapper?

I'm finding mouse turds at random places all over our home. Ticks me off. I don't want to use poison because we have a baby. And besides, when I've used poison in the past, the mouse goes into the wall and dies, leaving a stench.

I've seen these Rat Zappers:

I'm wondering if anyone here has used them.

I also have a growing problem with ground squirrels that needs to be addressed the year, and I was thinking of this zapper for the same purpose.

As far as indoors, I would only turn it on at night, which is when the little buggers come out anyway.

Reply to
Anonymous

I bought one to control chipmunks. It caught one chipmunk the first day and hasnt caught another in 2 years. The first chipmunk either broke it, or it just isnt powerful enough to kill them.

They go in, steal the bait, and leave. The trap triggers, i.e. the red LED starts blinking, but the zap doesnt kill them.

A regular old rat snap trap works better.

For mice, I would think this thing is overkill. Again, a snap trap works best for me.

dickm

Reply to
dicko

Those little pukes figured out how to steal the bait without triggering the trap. Even peanut butter, they lick it clean and walk away.

I've used sticky traps before, but then you have a live, stuck mouse to deal with.

Reply to
Anonymous

I use Intruder traps. I used to have trouble with regular snap traps too but the Intruder traps get them every time. Peanut butter bait.

You can buy them at Walgreens or on-line.

dicko

DAMMIT! Turds in my wife's MIXING BOWL this morning...bastards!

I will try to find these traps locally today.

Reply to
Anonymous

Do you use them outdoors?

Reply to
Anonymous

You can tell from a kitten that the hunters have the longest whiskers and the widest eyes.

Reply to
Just Bob

I have not tried them outside but as long as you keep them dry they sould work fine. I bought mine on ebay. They are a little pricey but worth it if you have a mouse problem because they work.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Look on ebay. That is where I got mine.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

SWEET! I bought these today.

I found out they were coming up from the basement through the hole where the gas line comes through the floor for the stove.

There were alot of droppings in the stove's storage drawer, so I set the trap there.

As soon as the sun went down and things quieted down...SNAP! BAM! TOSS! FLOP! First kill.

Took about 20-30 seconds for it to die. It was a big mother for a field mouse.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Anonymous