keyed deadbolt

how do you remove the facing off of a two-keyed deadbolt...there are no screws.

Reply to
JJ

There's two holes on the inside with a rotating plate inside that blocks access to the screws when the bolt is set.

Unlock the door and the screws should be exposed. Or drill through the plate.

Reply to
TCS

What brand? I can think of three or four, and they are all different design.

Lori, Arrow, Moss/ and the other Taiwans. Adams Rite.

Locksmithing business for 18 years. Seen a lot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That works for one brand, and not for several others.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If cost isn't a concern and you're starting from scratch (making new holes in a new door), what brand & model series deadbolt do you feel is the most resistant to vandalism? I'm buying a house shortly and will be replacing a couple of doors which are made of "crapwood". You probably know what I mean.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

this may be like a commercial lock and have a hole in the bottom near the door to release the cover and get access to the screws. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

I'm not sure any is more or less vandal proof. Schlage quality has gone down a LOT in the last 20 years. They have a new design I don't like.

Arrow are good. Dexter, I've not used in years.

Most of my customers like Kwikset, or Titan. They have economy, good, and overkill grades of each.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon