Kenmore Air Conditioner Question

Hello,

We recently bought a Kenmore 10,000 BTU single-room unit with digital temperature settings. Before I go to bed, I set the temp at 66 degrees. Before too long, I wake up to find the compressor is not running because the temp on the air conditioner has increased to 70. Is this a common problem with Kenmore, or am I doing something wrong??

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Phillip

Reply to
Phillip944

Tell your wife to quit changing the thermostat.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Phillip944 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Some window AC units have an "Energy Saver" feature which raises the thermostat 4 or 5 degrees after a few hours of run time.

RTFM and see if your's does this.

Reply to
Clark

Could also be to prevent the coils from freezing up when the ambient is down low.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You bought a Sears. That's wrong.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

She may just tell him to quit changing it.

Reply to
mm

One way or the other, problem solved.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

heheh

66 is WAY too damn cold anyway.
Reply to
Meat Plow

innews: snipped-for-privacy@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Thanks Clark. Problem solved.

Reply to
Phillip944

I don't even use the AC, and it's been up to 95 out, but this could be really annoying.

Is one able to turn this feature off, on the ac's that have it?

2 degrees might be ok, but 4 or 5 spans the range from too cold to too hot. Like 66 which I wouldn't want, to 71, which might be too hot, I don't remember.

Hmmmm. Is the idea that the thermostat doesn't get exposed to the real room temp, and it has to have a lower temp for the first while because it's really hotter elsewhere in the room, but after a few hours it's actually the same temp everywhere??

Reply to
mm

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you don't use the AC how could it be annoying?

Don't know. It doesn't bother me.

The idea is that room airconditioners are typically used in bedrooms and at night. After a couple hours of sleep then one won't notice if the temperature is increased a bit. Obviously not everyone has the same tolerances so some people will notice.

Reply to
Clark

If I were ill and had to use it, or if I cracked.

I see. That makes sense.

A couple degrees ok, but I think 4 or five degrees would be too much for me.

Reply to
mm

Yes. Settings are : COOL or ENERGY SAVER (No, I'm not shouting.)

Reply to
Gini

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

== Mine is 5+ years. Works well and has performed flawlessly for 4 years past warranty. Gotta be a record of some kind.

Reply to
Gini