K & T wiring

This must be the same friend with the alleged k&T fire who can't get insurance. LMMFAO!!

Reply to
Steve Barker

a newer vehicle with side curtain airbags would of likely completely protected you

Reply to
hallerb

quoted text -

Model-T parts are easy to come by. Originals aren't so easy but parts for them are still being made.

Reply to
krw

you ever ride in one of those, its like riding in a western wagon, nearly no suspension.

Reply to
hallerb

On 6/6/2010 3:23 PM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com spake thus:

Yeah, I guess anyone who has a Model T is an idiot who should just drive it to the nearest junkyard and have it crushed, right?

Sheesh.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

That may be, but they certainly fit the criteria and parts are easy to come by.

Reply to
krw

Well, I have a friend that buys and sells old cars and sometimes I do work for him... e.g. today I was cleaning/painting dash parts for an Avanti that we're going to try to get a new wiring harness into next weekend...

On the upside, when I *do* need parts, the experience lets me go right to where I need to go with the first email or phone call :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

What model Jeep? I might be willing to take that old, unreliable POS off his hands :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

who can say? Yes this is one instance where a newer vehicle might have helped, but I don't see the point of going deeply into debt just to have a newer vehicle when the odds are against something like that happening.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

the big problem with a really old vehicle say over 25 to 30 years.

if your on a trip a newer vehicle can likely be fixed fast, and your back on your waybut 25 years old few vehicles last that long at least around pittsburgh, so the mechanic may not be familiar with the vehicle and parts more of a hassle.

if our on a trip a newere vehicle will be easier to get fixed fast.

and service on everything today is all about speed

Reply to
hallerb

In my experience, parts pretty much always have to be ordered "from the warehouse" no matter what. there's just too many different makes, models,a nd years, no parts store is going to carry everything for every car.

With a truly old vehicle, and again, 25 years is still pushing it for those actually still in service as a daily driver, but for really old cars like my '55 if I were going to take it on a long trip, I'd probably pack a box in the trunk with a spare fuel pump, water pump, and other easily replaced items just in case, as they are inexpensive enough for older cars that it's no trouble to stock them in your garage for eventualities. With a newer car that would likely be cost prohibitive.

nate

Reply to
N8N