Jen-air range takes forever to heat up

I've got a Jen-air slide in gas range (model #JGS 8850ADQ) that takes forever to heat up and often can never make it up to full temperature. It's a little over a year old so of course it's out of warranty.

I thought I'd start poking nose in there to find a cause, but thought I'd ask here for advise on what to start looking for.

Reply to
CraigT

What part of it doesn't heat properly? IIRC this unit has two burners, a grille, and an oven. Or doesn't anything heat properly? Did it ever heat more quickly? (and if not, why didn't you complain to the supplier before the warranty was out?)

Reply to
John McGaw

Sorry I wasn't clear. The oven doesn't come up to temp.

btw-this model doesn't have a grill, just 4 burners and a convection oven, all gas, with electronic controls for the oven.

Reply to
CraigT

Does the igniter glow brightly, or is it dim?

If the latter, it probably needs to be replaced.

Reply to
CJT