Is this bag meant for a laptop?

I've gotten tired carrying my laptop bag around. I want to have a little bone grafted onto my shoulder to keep the strap from sliding off.

So I bought something very much like this at a hamfest on Sunday,

$115 marked down to 106.

Delsey seems to be a good brand

Mine is also made by Delsey, has similar wheels, the same telescoping handle, the same front leg designed to also be a handle, the same what they call "Smart Band to slide over trolley tubes" of a bigger suitcase, and other little things.

It doesn't have side pockets for a water bottle.

**** But what else it doesn't have is any padding to keep something like a laptop from getting broken. My current laptop bag has padding in front of it, behind it, and underneath it, and thick rubber bumpers at the lower corners of the bag. Was the one I just bought meant for laptops or not?

I thought all the little ones with wheels were meant for laptops.

I have plenty of foam rubber in the basement, but still, I wonder what I bought!

BTW, the closest thing to this still on the Delsey webpage is

for $240 w/o shipping, I think, but what sure seems like the same thing is on Amazon

for $580!!!! Now that is a markup.

Reply to
micky

It's a soft-side-under-seat piece of luggage. Some have padding and state that they are ok for laptops .. some don't. They seem to range from $ 29. to $ 340.

"rolling briefcase" is perhaps a good search term.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Amazon also carries these:

Have you never seen a general purpose overnight bag or even a backpack with wheels? Any bag can be "meant" for a laptop, some just have more features than others.

Some of these "little ones with wheels" say they fit a laptop, but does mean that they were *meant* for laptops or just that a laptop will fit? Scroll down.

You bought a small piece of luggage that has wheels but little to no padding. Did you not look at it to see if if it fit your needs before you dropped a C-note on it?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

micky snipped-for-privacy@fmguy.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I like to leave my hands free so I can use a small soft-side, roll-around carry on, and have a laptop backpack on my back.

Roll-around goes in the overhead, and backpack can fit under seat.

Here's the laptop backpack I purchased in 2010 ($65 then, $110 now), and it's still in like-new condition.

I use it a lot. It has two padded slots for laptops, and I've carried both a 15" and 14" laptop at the same time, with both chargers, and all sorts of other equipment such as cables, cameras, paperwork folders, flashlights, etc. The shoulder pads have more than enough padding, and a waist belt if you like, and is very easy on the back.

Good luck.

Reply to
Boris

Boris snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote in news:XnsAEBDB92BDE04Borisinvalidinvalid@144.76.35.252:

And it has two side pockets for water bottles.

Reply to
Boris

Looks nice.

!!!! You use two laptops?

Well it sounds good, and I too like to have my hands free, but 15 years ago I carried a laptop in a frameless backpack (a rucksack?) just for a half-day, and my back hurt like hell for days afterwards, so I'm scared of them now.

I see even little kids, with backpacks that are thicker and wider than they are, teenage girls with backpacks that are bigger than they are. Not traveling, just going around town, and I wonder, What are they carrying that takes so much space?

I myself used a rucksack from Texas to Panama and my back did not hurt, but that was long ago.

That's good too. although when it's really hot I've been using an 8-oz bottle from juice, filled with water, and put it in my pants pocket.

To all the others who replied, thanks. I've learned something new.

In the back of my head, I had figured that if all your carrying is a little bag with regular suitcase stuff, clothes and toiletries, no one needs wheels, so when they came out with litttle bags that had wheels, it must have been for laptops, or for traveling salesmen who sold gold bullion. (I'm glad I have spare foam rubber.)

Reply to
micky

Not only are wheels convenient for even the smallest bags, (why carry when you can pull?) but SWMBO and I recently upgraded our larger luggage to units that have 4 wheels. What a huge difference those extra 2 wheels make!

First off, the luggage sits on an even base with little to no chance of the bag tipping over if the weight distribution is off. My old 2 wheeled bag would tip towards the un-wheeled side (front) if the external pockets had heavy items in them.

However, the biggest advantage is the ability to roll them just by grasping the top handle and keeping all fours wheels on the ground. I walk much (much) faster than SWMBO and if she has to pull a bag, she slows down even more. I can wheel both of our large pieces of 4 wheeled luggage at a running pace if need be. On rough terrain (sidewalks, parking lots, etc.) using the pull-out handle and 2 wheels is the best choice, but on the smooth floor of airports and hotels, the centered top handle and all 4 wheels is so much easier, especially when you have more than one piece. At least that's what works best for me.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Sounds good, but I want to get luggage with 6 wheels. It should be even better.

Reply to
micky