is Behr decking stain ok?

I need to reseal our south facing PT-wood deck, which gets ALL the weather and has to be redone every two years. It has been sealed twice already with Cabot's, and I'm debating whether to use Cabot's solid stain again or try the Behr solid product for less $$. Can anyone tell me how well the Behr performs? Is it better than Thompson's or Olympic?

Reply to
KLS

Consumer Reports seems to think so.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I've used both, and Cabots seem to have better overall performance and last longer.

Reply to
Mike rock

I've used both, and Cabots seem to have better overall performance and last longer.

On a PT deck it doesn't matter..As you said you will have to redo it every couple of years as NOTHING seems to last on PT decks...Get the Behr...

Reply to
benick

Thanks for the comments. Other fora I've checked have had very mixed reviews about the Behr, and one comment I read is that it basically is a protectant film, so it doesn't repel rain and snow the way other products seem to shed them, and the commenter had to endure a frozen walking surface (not what I need in our Great Lakes climate!). I've decided to stay with Cabot's as I know what I'll get with it, and it may adhere to the existing Cabot's better. The Cabot's lasts about 3 years on the areas of the deck that are not heavily trafficed, but by the end of that time, the areas we walk on all the time really need to be recoated. So, that time is this summer.

Reply to
KLS

"Don Phillipson" wrote in news:h3qmal$jau$2 @theodyn.ncf.ca:

Some would consider that a warning sign :-)

Reply to
Red Green