IQ Air Health Pro air purifier opinion please

I am thinking about buying this unit and was wondering what your opinions were of it. It is supposed to clean a 1100 foot square area. The price range for it runs from $590 to $695. I looked into buying the Sharper Image Quadra, but I can't find any favorable recommendations on it and have decided to stay away from it. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Dave

The Sharper Image Quadra is a joke, it doesn't do anything!

the owner of Sharper Image should be jailed for fraud

the swiss IQ Air machines are perhaps the best at any price, along with the Friedrich C90A, when you factor in vale.

would give the IQ Air the edge for easily the best raw performance, the Friedrich C90A has a big advantage in energy consumption, which is important in something you run 24/7

the Friedrich has essentially no filter cost, another cost savings

so, to summarize, I would get the Friedrich if I was on a tight budget, the IQ Air if I was well off financially, and the Sharper Image if I was an idiot who didn't do his homework and get a scam in return.

Reply to
cowboy

I have two of the older Ionic Breezes. Very content with the operation and preformance. The Ionic Breezes say they are only good for about 500 sqft. I used to run 2 in a 1750 sqft eventually the air was cleaned.

I live in Phoenix and have a dog. The collection plates need to be cleaned weekly.

I will say now that mine are older (going on 5 years) Sharper Image is less than helpful when I wanted replacement parts.

Looking at the web page I am pretty surprised that you would even consider a Ionic Breeze when the unit your looking at has hepa filters. These units are not even in the same ball part when compared to each other.

Have fun listening to the fans. I am a light sleeper so that is not an option for me.

Reply to
SQLit