Intercom replacement opinions, please ....

Hello,

I have an old NuTone IM2003 intercom system that I got when I bought my

17 year old home. There are 13 remotes including door and pool deck. The intercom part actually works to a degree; the radio part does not. I don't really need an intercom system but it bothers me that it doesn't work well and I guess it is kinda nice to have as this is a fairly large home. It's also ugly - the intercom, that is.

So I'm looking at some replacement options:

It's a 3-wire system so I'm looking at the NuTone IMA3303.

M&S' DMC3-4 which is designed to replace NuTone's 3-wire intercoms.

Both of these have similar features. The M&S is a bit more expensive. I've heard NuTone has had reliability issues; are they building them any better these days?

I'm really interested in a wireless solution, but I don't know of any that have master and remote stations that mount in the wall like the wired intercoms.

Anyway, all suggestions/opinions welcome.

TIA

Reply to
Whatsamatteru

Our Sony cordless phone system doubles as a wireless intercom but has a limit of four remotes.

Other cordless phone systems may be less restricted, but 13 stations would get rather expensive. Also the charging stands are typically designed to stand on a horizontal surface, not for wall mounting.

OTOH, if each *person* has a remote (carrying it to wherever s/he is going to be for a significant period of time) instead of having remotes in a large number of *places*, that might be a solution

Perce

On 08/09/05 01:16 pm Whatsamatteru tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Ihave had the Nutone 3303 for about 5 or 6 years. Has been flawless. Run satellite audio through it also. I don't use the intercom much but I like being able to answer the door from anywhere in the house including the bathrooms.

Reply to
Tony Mordenski