Insulating the exhaust on my water heater?

The quotation is about the company, not the product, necessarily. My company serves the industrial and commercial markets, yet 60% of our product ends up in homes. We just don't sell to homeowners. Fibrex, evidently, has chosen to sell their products through certain distribution channels to those markets. Yes, the residential market for their product would be miniscule, but that does not forbid its use.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Insulating the line is very easy. Just replace the old single wall vent pipe with B vent. It is double walled for insulation, fairly inexpensive and adapters are readily available to attach to the top of the water heater. Elbows are available to handle any bends.

This is one of the main reasons for B vent, to maintain flue gas at a higher temperature for proper draft. Everything you need is at any Home Depot.

Reply to
DT

Wow, after all the discussion, that was a good post. That would seem to end the debate about whether it's possible and with an easy solution too.

Reply to
trader4