Installing 6" duct for kitchen fan in basement

I need to install a kitchen fan in a basement. The fan maker says I must use 6" ducting. So I need to cut a 6" hole. Trouble is I will have to cut this hole through one of the 9" beams supporting the floor. Is this safe?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike E. Fullerton

Nope - you will have to go around the support.

Reply to
Zyp

"Mike E. Fullerton" wrote in message news:IlLxi.68190$_d2.12261@pd7urf3no...

NO! You have to find a different path. Go under it if you have to or find a better appliance. Or go through a wall.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

no.

Reply to
buffalobill

I sure hope you are trolling. You must be kidding.

Reply to
DanG