Indoor Spa Help Please

For about a month we have a new 20 x 24 foot glass sunroom with a seperate a/c and 350 gallon Keys Backyard (from Costco) Spa with ozonator. We started with Bromine but find the smell to be unacceptable. Attempting to pull the odor out of the room with a box fan doesn't help very much.

We are currently draining the spa and looking for another solution. Our objectives are: no offensive smell, healthy environment for people, no advese effects on the room, indoor/outdoor carpet, and furniture, and finally ease of use (as little maintenance as possible).

We don't mind draining the spa every 60 to 120 days.

Cost is a consideration, but not as important as the other items stated above.

I've surfed the web and see no clear cut answer. I've seen posts from people that love and hate Baqua Spa, Nature 2, Ozonators, UV, etc., etc, etc. I've seen posts from people that love and hate indoor spas in general. I realize that there is no single solution for all circumstances.

I would most appreciate your recommendations and the sharing of your experiences. If we decide to go with Baqua Spa, do we want to continue to use the ozonator?

Reply to
rcf

Some find chlorine (1" tabs in a floater) to be less irritating than bromine

Reply to
Rudy

I've used bromine in an indoor spa for years with no fan and neither I nor anyone else found the odor to be a problem. Which is why bromine is most widely used. It gives off less odor than chlorine. The odor that is there becomes greater if the level is set too high. Are you sure you are testing and adjusting it correctly?

Reply to
trader4

I think the level was correct. We took a water sample in for testing.

Reply to
rcf

Can anyone share their experiences with Baqua Spa or Nature 2?

Thanks

Reply to
rcf

I have a Nature2 sanitizer for my 26,000 gal. 18" x 36" in-ground pool. It works great for the pool. I don't know about using it in a spa (I don't have one).

Reply to
Willshak