Incredible basement

This was originally posted on rec.woodworking

The link to the video below is neat. I wish I had the guys ability and time:

Ed Pawlowski

That was sorta my thought, except that he had a fairly nice shop down there, too.

Reply to
krw

He did very nice work. But I think he's a bit crazy. I've been on the "old time" street at the Museum of Science and Industry. It's really neat. But a basement isn't a museum. When he kicks off, within a year or two somebody will tear it all out for the dumpster. With his skill he could have made fine furniture to give to family or sell. That would be a long-lasting legacy. But whatever makes him happy, I guess. His money, his time.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I've been to the Museum of Science and Industry since I was a kid and seen the display there many times. This is a nice story of a kind retired engineer man and an incredibly patient sweet wife. I guess you can take the man out of the engineering department but you cant take the engineering dept out of the man. He aint no "sad bastard" as some boorish person has called him here, he's the uncle every family seems to have somewhere, with a wife that gets used to saying "he's putzing in his workshop"... People who use words like "boring and drivellish" are usually prone to having no imagination. This guy is up there with Walt Disney in the imagination department, I'd like to hang out in the shop with him for a while.

Reply to
RickH

I was in a similar place once but it was an older town, sort of the wild west with wooden sidewalks. It was built inside an old factory and just an antique collectors way of displaying his antiques. He ended up selling all the antiques and then collected fine art. In the same building was a climate controlled airtight room with boring paintings on the walls like an art museum. I liked the old town better.

Reply to
Tony Miklos