In-Line Humidifier Question

All,

I moved into a new house and "inherited" a humidifier that is installed in-line with my heating system. When I turn it on, I notice a steady flow of water coming out of the drain pipe. I tried replacing the evaporator pad, but I still get the water flow out the drain pipe. Is this normal? I have never owned one of these before.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
lagman

If it's a trickle it's normal.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Assuming it is a trickle and not a flood, that is the way it should be working. That flow helps eliminate the mineral build up that happens with the old style systems. It works better and longer.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan