i want a new good snow blower

hi i am looking for a new good snow blower, i am looking at a troy built 9528 at lowes for $899, i no every will tell me to get a ariens or a toro or simplicity, i just want to no y no one likes troy built. i also want to no what snow blowers will last long besides airens. back to troy built is it a problem that youre gearselector is connected to one of thin those rubber coted wires,will it breack easy or is that not a beg deal? please respond

Reply to
pocono500race2

yur shift key is broked. troy bilt is ok. most of them uz the same engines and the is most omportant az the injun haz to start evry time just make sure the shift lever is loobricated soit wont stick or get frozed in the sno if it is wet but any of the moor expensive sno blowers are about the same

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

no y no one likes troy bilt is no ones can aFord difrent. beter is ther than crap a toy, buy a GM

Reply to
ransley

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:07:09 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote Re i want a new good snow blower:

pleze rit gooder inglesh

Reply to
Caesar Romano

The guy came here for help with snow blowers, not to be riduculed.

Reply to
cln

Those rubber coated wires are fairly cheap to replace. Ask the salesmen if they often get returns on this specific model. [for anyone else reading this ask your salesperson on ANY items you buy if a brand is often returned!] The cables can also sweat and rust out over time but gears will more often freeze-up.

I've just gone trough the rigmarole's of shopping for a snow blower. Its not easy.

Buy what you can afford, but don't overbuy. I got a long driveway (about 7-10 cars could park) and i got a 318cc from Toro.

I was going to buy from Sears but since they had to order it and couldn't guarentee a time i shopped elsewhere that day.

As some of the information that i found online mentioned was to go to a dealer where they also service the machines. Long story short, they could tell me which models where most often returned, fixed, parts that broke most often... every shear pin stories you could imagine. He explained it clearly and was honest. I hope you can find a dealer like this one where you can trust the person that sold you the machine, compared to someone that also sells fertilizer, snow boots, and BBQ.

How long is your driveway? 358cc is great 9.5 is also good. Only set back i see is the heated hand warmers. I ask you this, where do you think the power to heat your hands is comming from? Engine right! your loosing power to heat your hands! Not a good option in my opinion but if its there just don't turn it on.

at 900$US I think its a good buy. Tecumseh is not a recommended engine but you are just using it 6-12 times a year. Take care if it and it should last you 10 years+++ cln

Reply to
cln

If he communicated like an adult he would be respected like one. Texting is for teenagers wanting to be cutesy IMO.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Then he either came to the wrong place, or his approach was lacking in some way.

Reply to
salty

Whats an IMO?

Reply to
Lou

It is a big bird that does not fly, at least In My Opinion.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Honda - hands down.

Reply to
jim

Do they still make Ariens? Mine (8hp) has been running since '72 when I was in my teens.

Reply to
Patrick Coghlan

How hard was that?

Reply to
salty

Hi,

An expensive choice is a Honda. I do not have one but do have Honda lawn mower and trimmer. The Honda I sort of like is the Honda HS928TA snow blower. This is a tracked blower and has 28 inches clearance width with an 8.9 hp engine. Even though it is expensive, I thin this is widely regarded as the best available. There are also a larger unit at 37 Inches and smallers ones t 24 inches.

Check out the POWER EQUIPMENT on

Hope this helps.

Warmest regards, Mike.

Reply to