I need ideas to keep vehicles off my lawn

so what kind of ink did you choose ? (you know, to paint "VICTIM" across your forehead).

last neighbor war i intervened in was for a friend. simple solution for inconsiderate neighbor - ski mask, 10 pm, steel pipe, beat neighbor senseless into bloody pulp..

Tony Soprano style... problem solved

something to be said for street justice

or has an old wild west law man once said "i never shot anyone that didn't deserve it"

Reply to
mmo1

OH, shoot, your IP says you are 6 states away and I could sure use your help on a matter that concerns me.

Reply to
user

turn area into parking area with gravel asphalt etc. others cant park in your driveway.

I had a reoccuring problem like that here, expanded my drive, problem disappeared

Reply to
hallerb

Wow. Did I write that! I mean bureaucrats. ;)

Reply to
mm

At the risk of starting a war, you could spray their entire yard with Roundup concentrate some night, late. After all, it's only grass.

I think the fence stakes sound like the best idea. The ones with the big round reflectors.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A shotgun will do wonders. Just open your door and fire the gun at the cars. Stop when all the windows are blown out, all the tires are flat, and there are bullet holes all over the car body. If you want more excitement, shoot a few rounds in their gas tanks, and be sure to film the fireball. Since murder can get you in a lot of legal trouble, I'd suggest waiting till the people are out of the cars, but thats up to you.

Reply to
tazman

fast track is not even fast enough. With the type of people that park their cars on a lawn, when they see those nails you can bet one of their kids will 'trip' and land on them.

Reply to
dnoyeB

I have a neighbor that has next to them a small building for municipal power with a little driveway there. Visitors routinely part in that driveway. They even are so nice as to back up into the driveway right in front of the sign that says 'no parking'. Electrical workers come there all hours of the day and night. Cars are towed at least 1 every 2 weeks. They just keep parking there too... It seems they can not concieve that the sign has any meaning though you can see the building there and the sign clearly.

Reply to
dnoyeB

We had the same kind of situation. I drove some really big nails through some 2x4s and laid them around the perimiter of the yard where they were parking. After a few flat tires, one on a cop car, they got the idea. One of them took me to court and the JP told him not to park on my 2x4s.

Reply to
J.C.

If someone tripped fell and got harpooned you would be on the news, not in a good way:(

this kid fell off his bicycle, and now look at him.

some nice pipes concreted in place, filled with concrete, with chains hanging between them, all painted a brite white.

make it a functional showplace

Reply to
hallerb

Wonder if a small decorative fense would be faster to put up. Oh and a 24/7 camera to record any damage. ;)

tom @

Just Joshin

Find a tow-company with an impound yard, and you've got a new revenue stream.

Reply to
Goedjn

Great solution. That eliminates the grass cutting chore too.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

That, or do some other physical or body damage at the neighbor's house. Lawn rippers very often don't get the idea (well, they already didn't). So, more damage is likely to lead to revenge, not improved behaviour.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Think this might have some backlash?

:p

tom @

Just Joshin

I would not be afraid to chain the car to my truck and yank it into the street; leaving it for the Police and Tow Company.

Only backlash is if the chain or car breaks...IMO...

-- Oren

Oren

ha ha ha, I see this being a Judge Judy case.

tom

Reply to
Just Joshin

Is the strip of lawn a public right of way? Probably, given that it's on road side of the sidewalk. If that's the case, I don't think you're ALLOWED to impede access. Pave it.

Reply to
Goedjn

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Put up a sign that says Dog Shitting Area. I wouldn't want to step out of my car in a dog s*****ng area. But then at that, you could end up with everyone letting their dog shit there....:-(