I love the smell of paint in the morning

I'm curious how durable do you think that this is in a flat? Not that I expect you to try washing it!

I'm a bit rough on everything and the thought of a flat paint in my house is almost unthinkable.

I did just read a number of reviews, the peanut gallery loves Aura. In fact the only negative was that it dries too fast, but notes that there is an additive to slow it down. No mentions of the pleasant smell, but none of them were connoisseurs of painting!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Just did a paint job with Benjamin Moore "Aura" paint (customer-supplied). Had heard about the stuff but never used it before today. (It's a flat that they claim to be washable.)

Besides seeming like pretty good paint, the stuff actually *smells good*. In fact, I'm pretty sure they put stuff into it to make it smell good. Kinda vanilla-y. Actually smells quite nice. Definitely not the usual not-terrible but wouldn't-want-to-use-it-for-cologne latex paint smell.

(Having said it seems like pretty good paint, I should point out that I have to go back and re-do part of the job, since when I was cutting in with a brush I didn't get it on quite thick enough, and it shows just slightly darker at every edge and corner. Not sure if this is operator error (me) for being too stingy with the paint, or if the claims for "cover in 1 coat" are inflated. Actually, I consider *any* claims for a paint that will do that to be inflated ...)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

At the painting seminar I recently attended, the instructor encouraged adding a few drops of vanilla extract to the paint (or cinnamon, sandalwood, cedar, peppermint, etc.). Maybe a different aromatic for each room?

For our painting contractor members out there, this seems like an extremely cheap way to get an "Oh my gosh, it's wonderful" client response.

Reply to
HeyBub