I hung a door!

It was a shed, it was crude, but it's a good as the pro who did it before me. w00t! Accomplishment! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

notbob wrote the following:

What crime did the door commit that you had to hang it?

Reply to
willshak

notbob wrote the following:

My wife would be happy if I hung my jacket.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My wife would be happy if I were.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I'm happy I'm in Texas and don't need a jacket.

Reply to
Pete C.

Your boyfriend is happy too.

Reply to
krw

How many cats do you have?

Reply to
Justin Time

Uh, people are "hanged," things are "hung."

Reply to
HeyBub

The fun part was building the door. The door frame wasn't true, so I built the door as I went. Cut it from 5/8" plywood, stood it up on shims with screws in the door frame to keep it from falling inward. I added the 1"x4" trim boards as I went. When I added top horz trim (first), I screwed the entire door to the frame so the door would remain in place as I progressed. I cut and attached remaining trim then added hinges.

I only screwed the hinges with two screws, each, then opened door to see if it would swing freely. It did. I then took a break and enjoyed a much deserved beer. When I returned, the door had shifted, the hinges twisted, and the door askew. Bummer. So, with the help of a crowbar and prybar, I re-shimmed the door and added all the screws to the hinges and it worked. I added the dead bolt.

Today I gotta finish up. All the trim screws are too long, as the lumber yard was out of the proper length, so I gotta grind 'em short with a 4-1/2" RA grinder. I notice the original carpenter did the same thing.

I may be a hack, but I got 'er done and saved some dough. I think my late brother, a master carpenter, would have approved. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

So the big Black dude the girls talk about is a thing who has a thang?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No, you need something less than a dozen for a hung jury. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Would your wife be happy if you took off your pants and jacket?

Reply to
Rocinante

If I took of my pant and put my jacket on a hook in the closet, we'd both be well hung.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I used to do business there every couple of months. However, more importantly, one can see the kookiness every day in the news. You're screwed!

Reply to
krw

So, are you going to "hung" a door next week?

Reply to
Thomas

"Smitty Two" >

Of course a Californian would consider other Californians normal...lol. That's normal in itself.

Reply to
Justin Time

Or would that be a hanged jury?

Reply to
Justin Time

You may think they're "normal" but they sure have worked hard to f*ck up a beautiful state.

Reply to
krw

Tip: If you find a black man in your family tree, cut him down and put him out by the curb.

Reply to
HeyBub

Before or after the squirrels have their way with him?

Reply to
Justin Time