I broke the handle off a ball valve, how can I close it? I don't use it and it's leaking

I broke the handle off an old ball valve and it's been leaking for a while. It's not too bad but it's driving me nuts since I think it could start leaking heavily at any moment. Is there anything I can use to close the space left by the handle without having to break the wall? I rent and the owners told me to just leave it as it was.

Reply to
Ever Flores

Can you grab the stem with a pair of pliers or vice grips?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Where is the valve?

The basement?

The second floor bathroom above the living room?

How much damage will it do if it does start leaking more?

What happens now to tthe water that drips out?

What is it about the dripping that bothers you?

Reply to
micky

replying to Ever Flores, helpmeRhonda wrote: Is it on a brass or PVC ball valve? Can you use a pair of pliers to grip the center stem and close the valve?

Reply to
helpmeRhonda