Humidifier

Think I may just keep the one I have, don't want to take a chance with stagnant water and microbes, or messing with additives

Reply to
philo

Thanks for the feed back,. I will not go for the drum type unit.

Reply to
philo

yes, a good humidifier system needs TWO ways for stuff to leave.

One way is via the air.

If that is the ONLY way, you will get dust or a build up of minerals.

The usual other way is through waste water to the drain.

makolber

IMO that's a good decision. In the early 70s, I got an Aprilaire. We had very hard water, but they don't recommend using softened water because of dissolved salts in the softened water. Actually, with very hard water I only had to change the element about every 2 years. It outlasted the original furnace and, when I sold the house in 2008, was on a 2nd furnace and was still going strong.

Reply to
Art Todesco