http://www.jfgreenrenovations.com/

The month of December we had a tremendous amount of rain over the course of a few days. Due to this a leak in my ceiling was discovered in which I got on my roof to realize it was related to the chimney. Not wanting the ceiling to get worse I contacted John Green of JFGreen Renovations

I had never before heard or dealt with this company. He told me he would give me an estimate. He did come out to give me an estimate stating my entire chimney needed to be rebuilt and he would do it for $2500. He then said he would have someone come and tarp it off so as to not cause more damage, he charged me $150 for this. The next morning they did tarp it off. The problem here was that they COVERED THE WRONG FLUE. This was discovered when a second individual came by a few hours later to give me another quote. He noticed the condensation on the tarp was heavy and when he cut it apart a huge amount of gas filled the air so much that I could smell it heavily from the ground. We had noticed a faint stench in the house that morning and all felt nauseous including my 5 year old daughter and 5 year old nephew. I turned and contacted John Green about this and he told me he would refund my money due to this problem. I figured I would be nice and let it go and just take the refund. I wound up missing two days of work because of this. I then never heard from John Green. I repeatedly called him and sent him emails. He continued to tell me he would pay me the money back using all kinds of excuses. I did end up getting the job done for a meer $500 which is 5 times less than what he wanted to do it for so I believe this man is a scammer. I have called him many times over since December and even sent him emails. I cannot believe that someone would not stand behind their work. Now, my feeling here is a matter of principle about this situation. I want to take action against him. Not meerly for the money, lost wages and the fact that 2, 5 year olds were sick due to this but for the sake of decency and doing business in a proper way. My repeated attempts at meerly attempting to get my money back when we could have all have died in this incident was in my opinion very easy on him.

Reply to
jalbetast

Rather than publishing such a diatribe to the whole _planet_, why don't you take it up with your local BBB, and attorney?

And, consider the fact that if someone went to put a tarp over a chimney of mine that had any heating appliance connected to it, it would not happen. Were I to let it happen, I'd be an idiot. Take away what you wish from that.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

As to your question about publishing to the BBB I have done that. This is just a way for me to further my way of obtaining my rights as a consumer and to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Your second point makes me say the following things to you:

Say I am a computer expert (this is my trade). You come to me with a problem. I look at your problem and deduce that it is a defective RAM chip. So I go ahead and replace that for you and it costs you X dollars. Several hours later it turned out it was the cooling fan on the processor and your computer is fried, you lost your entire circuit board. Am I responsible for that RAM chip that I sold you or are you? Business ethics would state that I am responsible for at least refunding the monies to you with regard to the work that was completed, albeit improperly. Surely in my profession my duty was to provide compliance. I would term ISO9000 in the auto world amongst the ISO world but that is an example.

We all have our strengths and put our faith in good business because we don't know everything. That is why we consult external businesses to achieve these things. If I knew everything about everything then .. I'd be god but I put my faith in the so-called experts.

My efforts here are simply stated that I do not want a potentially dangerous situation for any family with regards to this company.

HTH, J

Reply to
jalbetast

Look down at your feet.

Say "Make tracks for the Small Claims Court."

Problem over.

Reply to
HeyBub