How well does Duramax exterior paint work?

Duramax Exterior paint professes that primer is not needed. Is this true? Do you suppose it would work better with a primer? It claims to absorb into tiny fractures in the wood and basically smooths them out leaving the serface flush smooth. My concern is the type of wood used on my house doesn't hold paint well as it has it's own oils. I'm wondering how well it'll work with Duramax. There's supposedly a lifetime guarantee - whatever that means.

Reply to
wipeout64

Primers and top coats have very different properties. I am suspect of any material that claims to do both jobs properly and simultaneously. Lifetime warranty ? I guess if you have a problem and bitch, they'll give you some paint and you get to climb back up the ladder or pay someone else. What type of siding do you have that has adhesion problems? FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro