How good is duramax exterior paint?

Duramax Exterior paint professes that primer is not needed. Is this true? Do you suppose it would work better with a primer? It claims to absorb into tiny fractures in the wood and basically smooths them out leaving the serface flush smooth. My concern is the type of wood used on my house doesn't hold paint well as it has it's own oils. I'm wondering how well it'll work with Duramax. There's supposedly a lifetime guarantee - whatever that means.

Reply to
wipeout64

Suggestion...

Call the best, most reputable painting contractors in the area and ask the what paint they use. Look for premium _regional_ brands formulated to your climate. For example, here in Dallas there are a few regional brands that are formulated especially for the Texas heat. The national brands are formulated for use all over the country and don't hold up as well as those specially made for the climate.

Snow versus 105 degree heat require different chemistry.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

Do not rule out Sears Weather Life Time warranty polyurethane paint. It has similar characteristics. I have use it on numerous occasions and am very impressed with its coverage and ability to go over dirty, moldy and chalky paint areas. IIRC Sherwin Williams has the same paint under their own name. Actually they make it for Sears.

Reply to
Leon

To consider the climate is a good point. I will contact the contractors on this.

Thanks

FriscoSoxFan wrote:

Reply to
wipeout64