How to unload rented bobcat from pickup

its a excavator..........

Reply to
hallerb

Okay. Change the subject to:

"How to unload a rented Bobcat brand excavator from a pickup truck"

I was shooting for brevity in the subject line. Sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
HeyBub

I kinda laughed up to aquiring a new 3 year old friend i wouldnt have known the difference. driving down the road i hear skid steer, bobcat, bachoe bulldozer etc etc.

nifty how the operator uses the bucket so the the truck doesnt go boom:)

Reply to
hallerb

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Reply to
John Grabowski

re: I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Is that a question or a statement?

There's another video showing them loading an excavator onto a different kind of flatbed. They put the bucket on the flatbed to lift the tracks, drove forward until the front of the excavator was on the bed, then spun the bucket to the back and lifted until the tracks were level. Then they just drove right on the rest of the way.

Bigger truck, but the front never left the ground.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And there's nothing "unconventional" or special about the unloading method. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

AHEM! That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and that's NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their procedure.

S. Barker

It's not a pickup truck.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

It's not a bobcat brand either. Bobcat doesn't make machines that big. AND even if they did, they'd be painted white.

S. Barker

Yep, done all the time around here.

S. Barker

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not "alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".

Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.

The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get it home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it off your truck?

Reply to
HeyBub

Again, this technique would not work with any bobcat . Even their mini excavators would not be loaded this way, because they are not big enough. So , not applicable to relate this video to Bobcats in any way.

S. Barker

Topper to that is one in South America somewhere (saw it several years ago) where they put it up on top of a train of RR cars and crawl along unloading the cars with it it. Wish I had kept the link.

Scary just to watch it getting up on top of the first one.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I don't think either a "Bobcat brand excavator" (whatever that might be) or a pickup truck are shown anywhere in that video. Other than that your subject is accurate...

Reply to
George

Well, we don't really know if the machine is rented either.

S. Barker

many large machines are rented, because contractors dont need them all the time

Reply to
hallerb

I doubt it. It's not hard to find a banking to back up to.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

Right. It's more an illustration of technique than a testimonial for particular items.

Just thinking out loud, the technique would seemingly work for large riding lawnmowers (you might have to jack up the truck's front end - really high), lowboy trailers laden with dead bodies, and, of course, this method is often how you get boats off trailers.

Since I saw this yesterday, I have successfully employed the method in discharging the 50gal drums of jalapeno peppers from my weekly trip to Sam's Club.

I plan to take advantage of the new method this week-end when I move my mother-in-law's stuff to a storage shed (she ran off with a vacuum cleaner salesman to Beaumont).

Reply to
HeyBub

The same way I did. I hooked up to the tilt bed trailer the rental company furnishes.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K