How to screw in a light bulb.

Damn it Jennifer, the alimony check will be in the mail today. Quit stalking me, bitch!

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

According to Chuckles :

Hook, line and sinker.

That is funny.

[Hint: what is "metric"/"imperial" about 220V versus 120V? Answer: _nothing_ whatsoever.]
Reply to
Chris Lewis

According to Joe :

That's exactly the worst _possible_ way.

Maximizes risk of contact corrosion, overheating and fire.

Tantamount to telling people the best way to connect two wires is to make sure they only barely touch.

Yeah right.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

I concur. I only change lightbulbs during power failures.

Better safe than sorry.

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

How do you get 18 people in a light bulb?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I screw it in until I can feel the resistance of the bulb meeting the center terminal.

I've had two cases where someone had a dead socket, and the fix was to pull the center tab out a bit. Another case which the socket flickered, and I replaced the socket.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That wasn't obvious to me until you mentioned it. What's the torque spec, though?

Your electrician is also trying to snow you into thinking that only an electrician can properly install a bulb. He must be feeling the competition from Home Depot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is dielectric grease now available in caulk tubes? Or was that Noalox?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Only when Ransley is off his medication. Then it vibrates his brain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or one Charismatic preacher.

"I rebuke thee, darkness. In the name of **JESUS** Be thou.....

***>CHANGED
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bravo!!!! I had to forward this far and wide.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A light turn will do!

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Quite. In any case, European voltage is now 230 V nominal (although

220 V is within tolerance). Normal British light bulbs do not screw. They are bayonet fittings just like those on cars.

The people in the electrical store claim not to understand me when I ask for a 205 BTU per hour bulb.

Reply to
Pat Norton

A little anti-seize compound on the threads makes them easier to remove. 2% of my bulbs seize up and have to be removed with needle nose pliers after breaking the bulb.

Reply to
Martik

What compound do you recommend?

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

snipped-for-privacy@nortelnetworks.com (Chris Lewis) wrote in news:bnrh2i$1523i5$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-118425.news.uni-berlin.de:

I wonder if it is threads like this that contribute to the design of government issue $5000.00 light bulb torque wrenches?

Reply to
Mike

That you are able to remove 98% of your bulbs without pliers after breaking them is impressive indeed!

Reply to
The Masked Marvel

Is Home Depot the only place to buy a Light Bulb Torque Wrench? How should one screw in a Florescent Bulb? I don't like having to start the bulb by zapping it with 220v Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Reply to
Kahlua53

The electrical conductive stuff with the aluminum shavings.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Gee, stay away from that cheep chinese knock off from HD. Get a real one at your contractor supply house. Worth every penny of the $469 they cost.

Flourescents take the optional Long Bulb Adaptor $199 extra.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon