How to replace torsion springs?

D'oh!

-D

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

(You will probably have to tap it with a hammer and wrestle it off due to indentations made on the shaft by the set screws.)

Reply to
Rich

In many installations there is NO access when closed. It would be nice to unwind it when the door is open, but that just isn't possible in many cases. Still, there is no problem if you work slowly and carefully.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

How on earth can there be no access when closed? Would not the door have to be below the spring? I have never seen any such install, and can't immediately picture it

Reply to
yourname

oops, should be "no access when the door is open." I can't picture it either. Good catch.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon