How to Paint Metal Baseboard Heater Covers

I read an article in This Old House magazine that states- you can paint metal baseboard heater covers with the same paint thats used on the baseboards. I'm painting the basebaords w/ HD Behr latex primer and Behr lates finish coat.

I'd like to paint the metal baseboard heater cowling/covers with the same paint, but I'm concerned the latex paint might not adhere or hold up on the metal surface.

Any opinions on the above?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to