How to Fix leaks in plastic shed roofing

Hi, I have a plastic roof on a cattery that has overlapping panels. It appears there is a leak . The roofing is kind of flat also. There appears to be leaves stuck in the overlaps on one spot that is causing the roof to leak ? due to a blockage and I found a large crack about 6 inches......How can I repair the large crack in this type of roofing?

Reply to
Dionne

clean and repair crack with epoxy or bondo automotive body filler.

try calling shed manufacturer for advice.

could cover the entire roof with glued down rubber roofing

Reply to
bob haller

Do you mean corrugated plastic / PVC panels, like this:

Why not just replace the panel with the crack?

If you can't do that, then clean the cracked panel (the area around the crack) with a solvent (like lacquer thinner) and then apply a piece of aluminum duct tape over the crack (do this to both sides if you can). This tape will last much longer than duct-tape.

But you'll probably find that a roll of aluminum duct tape will cost as much (or more) than buying a new plastic panel.

Reply to
Home Guy