how to fix a water leak under the bath tub

we got this giant bathtub that is built into the bathroom, it has the focets and shower head coming out of one side. the shower head got pulled and the hose seem to have cracked from where it connects to the pipes below the tub., the water leaked to the first floor kitchen cieling and damaged it. the tub, pipes and hoses are about 17 years old. the tub is built with marble tile all around and their isn't anyway to get access to change the older pipes or install a new hose. what is the way to get around this, should i be removing seel around the tub and left it up? can i even do that? or remove the tile? hopefully replacing a hose doesn't end up being a full bath project. thx

Reply to
thefoxandthekitchen.blogspot.c

"thefoxandthekitchen.blogspot.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

What is on the other side of the wall behind where the shower head and pipes are?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If it's like my house (and it sounds like it is) you should be thinking about putting an access door under the the tub where the pipes enter is. I can't even clen out my pipes properly because of all the turns right afert the tub drain, and I also wonder how much crap is in the trap that I can't get to because it's up against the drywall. And my house was built in 1950 (and yes has drywall) and so far as I can tell the trap have never been removed.

Reply to
scott21230

What the hell are focets ? Since there is no such thing, that's probably your problem. I'd start by removing them things, (whatever they are).

Then take the biggest hammer you can find and smash the tub. Smash the rest of the bathroom too (helps to relieve stress). Sooner or later you'll find some pipes. Cut them all off flush with the floor or wall and stick duct tape over the ends of them to stop the waterfall you created. If the tape dont hold, call a plumber and tell him to cap the pipes. Once thats done, cover the bathroom walls with some old blankets and you will have a new closet. You really do not need to take baths more than once a year, so you can go to your mother-in-laws house once a year to take one. Maybe make arrangements to use her tub every year on Christmas day or something like that. If you're lucky, she'll bathe with you, and might even rub your (insert the name of any body part here). Your Problems are solved !!!!

This message comes directly from the offices of Trolls R' Us Inc.

If ya can't laugh, ya might as well die !!!!

Reply to
cunt-troll

Can you open up the wall in the adjoining room to gain access from the back?

Reply to
Bonnett Decorating

The OP uses google to access newsgroups. He's probably lost the ability to find what he posted, and will never return.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom